By BACON, G[eorge] W[ashington], 1885
The Borough of St Mary-le-bone.
- Author: BACON, G[eorge] W[ashington]
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: G. W. Bacon & Co., 127, Strand
- Publication date: 1885.
- Physical description: Lithographed plan, laid down on linen, folding into original publisher’s green cloth covers, decorated in blind, lettered in gilt.
- Dimensions: 535 by 720mm (21 by 28.25 inches).
- Inventory reference: 11432
Each ward of the parish is highlighted and named with the western and eastern divisions outlined in red and green respectively. To the right is a list of the wards. The plan highly detailed and shows, churches, schools, hospitals, clubs, theatres, tube stations, parks, squares, police stations, and notable houses. Of particular note is site of Lord’s Cricket Ground and the Zoological Gardens.
Scale: 9 inches to 1 statue mile.
Rare: only one institutional example known, at the BL bound in an atlas.
- Possibly in BL C.44.d.72