A Survey of Salt Key Bank By Anthony de Mayne R.N. 1825.
- Author: DE MAYNE, Anthony
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: Hydrographical Office of the Admiralty
- Publication date: 14th June 1826.
- Physical description: Engraved chart.
- Dimensions: 215 by 290mm. (8.5 by 11.5 inches).
- Inventory reference: 11616
The survey was carried out by Anthony de Mayne (fl.1815–28), Master of H.M.S. Kangaroo, a survey brig purchased in 1818 in the West Indies. Re-rigged as a ship in 1823 and wrecked off Cuba in 1828. De Mayne was court-martialed for the loss the ship, but was later restored to his post. He was evidently well respected as Captain William Steetz in ‘Instruction Nautique sur Les Passages a L’Ile de Cuba et au Golfe du Mexique…’, 1825, singles him out for particular praise.