Tobago — Courland Bay
By LANGLEY, James and ELLIOT, William, 1820
A Survey of Great Courland Bay in the Island of Tobago By Captain Wm. Elliott C.B. and Mr Ja. Langley Master R.N. 1817.
- Author: LANGLEY, James and ELLIOT, William
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: Capt Hurd RN Hydrographer to the Admiralty
- Publication date: 27th Sept 1820.
- Physical description: Engraved chart.
- Dimensions: 300 by 200mm. (11.75 by 7.75 inches).
- Inventory reference: 11636
The survey was carried out by James Langley master R.N. aboard H.M.S. Scamander, captained by William Elliot.
John Walker, founding member of the Royal Geographic Society, was a leading mapmaker and engraver working in London in the first half of the nineteenth century. He is known to have produced numerous charts for James Horsburgh and the Admiralty.