“Three Ts” city
By CAMPI, Antonio, 1583
[Untitled plan of Cremona].
- Author: CAMPI, Antonio
- Publication place: Cremona
- Publisher: Antonio Campi
- Publication date: 1583.
- Physical description: Engraved map on one sheet and one sheet joined.
- Dimensions: 445 by 860mm. (17.5 by 33.75 inches).
- Inventory reference: 11356
In parallel, Campi published this large plan of Cremona, engraved by David de Laude, who proudly proclaimed himself a Jew.
Cremona is known as the “Three Ts” city: Turòon, the nougat, a typical dessert; Turàs, the Torrazzo, the large bell tower; and Tetàs, which refers to the local women bosoms …
- Meurer, Fontes Cartographici Orteliani: Campi, not referring to this plan
- not traced separately on KVK or COPAC.