By MANGONI, Giulio, 1625
Disegno del Lago di Val Chiavenna coi posti fortificati e difesi dall’Illmo. Sre. il Conte Giovanni Sorbellino Mastro di Camp. d’Infanteria Italian per Sva Mta. et Governatore della Sua Gente alla Riva et Lago di Como.SRE.
- Author: MANGONI, Giulio
- Publication place: Milan
- Publisher: Giovanni Paulo Bianchi
- Publication date: 1625.
- Physical description: Engraved map with letterpress pasted below.
- Dimensions: 510 by 372mm. (20 by 14.75 inches).
- Inventory reference: 11365
During the War of the Austrian Succession, Count Giovanni Serbellone, military governor of the county, was tasked with fortifying this area; this plan, drawn by the military engineer Giulo Magnoni and engraved by Giovanni Paulo Bianchi, depicts the works constructed, linked to a letterpress key pasted below.
- Not traced
- BL, Maps K.Top.86.41, while bearing the same date and title, is a second plate (without letterpress text) with the geography inverted, with Lake Como at the top of the plate, and the title and dedication engraved on the right.