The Rose of Bohemia
By VETTER, Christian, 1668
- Author: VETTER, Christian
- Publication place: Augsburg
- Publication date: 1668.
- Physical description: Engraved map.
- Dimensions: 395 by 280mm (15.5 by 11 inches).
- Inventory reference: 10746
Drawn by Christoph Vetter and engraved by Wolfgang Kilian for Bohuslav Balbin’s work of national history and geography “Epitome Historica Rerum Bohemicarum”. The rose was a symbol of Southern Bohemia due to being the emblem of the two most powerful local families: namely the red rose of the Rozmberks and the black rose of the lords of Hradec.