The Pacific coast of North and South America
By DONCKER, Hendrik, 1660
Pascaart vertoonende de Zeecusten van Chili, Peru, Hispania Nova, Nova Granada en California
- Author: DONCKER, Hendrik
- Publication place: Amsterdam
- Publisher: Hendrick Doncker Boeckverkooper inde Nieuwe brugh Steegh in ‘t Stuiermans gereedt: Schap
- Publication date: 1660
- Physical description: Double page engraved chart with original hand colour.
- Dimensions: 520 by 600mm. (20.5 by 23.5 inches).
- Inventory reference: 15791
The first edition of the ‘Zee-Atlas’ was published in 1659, and only one example of that edition is known, in the National Libary of Australia. Between then and 1669 the number of maps was extended from nineteen to fifty. In 1676 Doncker introduced the larger format ‘De nieuwe groote vermeerderde Zeeatlas’. The atlas was re-issued until as late as the early 1700s when it was published by Doncker’s son, also Hendrick, who continued the business following his father’s death in 1699.
- McLaughlin 21.