The invasions of England and Ireland up to 1612
By SPEED, John, 1627
The Invasions of England and Ireland with all their civill wars since the conquest.
- Author: SPEED, John
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: Performed by John Speed and are to be solde in Popes head alley by George Humble
- Publication date: 1627
- Dimensions: 375 by 515mm. (14.75 by 20.25 inches).
- Inventory reference: 11913
John Speed (1552–1629) was the outstanding cartographer of his age. His ‘Theatre of Great Britain’ was the first atlas of the British Isles: Speed prepared the maps himself about two years before they were published. His maps and books dominated the seventeenth-century English market. The present map is taken from the 1627 English edition published by George Humble.
- Chubb XXV.
- Chubb, T., Skells, J. and Beharrell, H. (1977). The printed maps in the atlases of Great Britain and Ireland. Folkestone: Dawson.