Cruchley’s New Plan of London Shewing all the New and Intended Improvements to the Present Time.
- Author: CRUCHLEY, [George Frederick]
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: Cruchley Map Seller from Arrowsmith’s, 38 Ludgate Street. St. Pauls
- Publication date: 1829
- Physical description: Engraved plan, dissected and mounted on linen, hand-coloured in outline, three borders engraved with list of street names, housed within original marbled paper slipcase, with publisher’s printed yellow label.
- Dimensions: 445 by 620mm (17.5 by 24.5 inches).
- Inventory reference: 1563
This is the first issue of his London map, which was updated to 1846. The 1826 edition showed the London Docks “and the intended New Docks of Saint Catherine’s with all the New Buildings …” (front cover).
Scale: 4 7/8 inches to 1 statute mile.
- Howgego 304 (4)
- Howgego, J. (1978). Printed maps of London, circa 1553–1850. Folkestone: Dawson.