The Traveller’s Guide through London, Westminster, and Borough of Southwark; with their Liberties: Exhibiting the Streets, Roads, Churches, Palaces, Public Buildings, &c., as they have been lately extended and improved, By Act of Parliament.
- Author: BOWLES, Carington
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: Printed for Carington Bowles, Map & Printseller, at No. 69 in St. Pauls Church Yard
- Publication date: 31st Augt. 1770.
- Physical description: Engraved plan on three sheets, joined, original hand-colour in outline, trimmed to neatline with some loss to old folds skilfully repaired.
- Dimensions: 450 by 900mm (17.75 by 35.5 inches).
- Inventory reference: 1480
The plan bears a striking similarity to Thomas Jefferys’ ‘A New Plan of the City and Liberty of Westminster…’.
Scale c.6 1/2 inches to one statute mile.
- Howgego 147a (1)
- Howgego, J. (1978). Printed maps of London, circa 1553–1850. Folkestone: Dawson.