The Eternal City
By SENEX, John, 1721
A New Mapp of Rome Schewing Its Antient and Present Scituation. Most Humbly Inscribd to His Grace The Duke of Queensbury and Dover
- Author: SENEX, John
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: John Senex and John Harris
- Publication date: c.1721
- Physical description: Engraved map, keys on each side, table below and vignettes on each corner.
- Dimensions: 482 by 584mm. (19 by 23 inches).
- Inventory reference: 10888
John Senex (1678–1740) was one of the leading cartographers in 18th century England. He apprenticed with Robert Clavell of the Stationers’ Company and started his career as an astronomer and map maker, and was also an engraver, publisher, surveyor and geographer to Queen Anne.