Treacher’s New Map of Sussex From the New Ordnance Survey Revised to Date Showing the New Parliamentary Divisions, Boroughs, Parishes, Railways, Stations etc.
- Author: TREACHER, Henry and Charles
- Publication place: Brighton
- Publisher: H & C Treacher
- Publication date: 1886.
- Physical description: Lithographed map with original colour, backed on linen, folding into original green cloth cover with gilt lettering and blind stamping
- Dimensions: 1080 by 1890mm. (42.5 by 74.5 inches).
- Inventory reference: 10805
The map is compiled from sheets 300–304, 316–320, and 331–334, all published between 1876 and 1882. The inset map is from sheet 321, published in 1880.
The firm of H & C Treacher was originally founded in Brighton in 1858 by brothers Harry and Charles Treacher, and developed into a highly successful local booksellers, printers and stationers. By the time this map was printed, Harry’s place had been taken by his nephew Henry Moreton, although the business continued under the same name.