A Map of the County of Stafford
Divided into Hundreds & Parishes, From an Accurate Survey, Made in the Years 1831 & 1832, By J. Phillips & W. J. Hutchings, London.
- Author: PHILLIPS, J[ohn] & HUTCHINGS, W. F.
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: Published by Henry Teesdale & Co. 302, High Holborn
- Publication date: August 1st, 1832.
- Physical description: Large engraved map, dissected and mounted on linen, fine original full-wash colour, south east view of Lichfield cathedral, edged in green silk.
- Dimensions: 1370 by 990mm (54 by 39 inches).
- Inventory reference: 11427
Uncommon. A fine example in full original wash colour. There is a view of Lichfield Cathedral at the lower right. A table of explanation towards the bottom left outlines a wealth of topographical detail, including ichnographic representations of the principal towns, villages, churches, gentleman’s seats, commons, heaths and hills, parish and other boundaries, canals, wind and water-mills, roads, lanes, toll-bars and rivers.