St Lucia — Port Castries
By CHAMLER, Lieutenant G.C., 1830
The Port of Castries or Le Carenage Island St Lucia Surveyed by Lieutenant G.C. Chalmer R.N. 1830.
- Author: CHAMLER, Lieutenant G.C.
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: Hydrographical Office of the Admiralty
- Publication date: 28th Dec 1830.
- Physical description: Engraved chart.
- Dimensions: 230 by 290mm. (9 by 11.5 inches).
- Inventory reference: 11643
The survey was carried out by Lieutenant G.C. Chalmer R.N.
John and Charles Walker, founding members of the Royal Geographic Society, were leading mapmakers and engravers working in London in the first half of the nineteenth century. They are known to have produced numerous charts for James Horsburgh and the Admiralty.