Leicester both county and citie described, the honourable families that have the titles of Earls thereof, with other accidents therein observed.
- Author: SPEED, John
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: Performed by John Speede, and are to be sold in popes head Alley by John Sudbury and George Humble
- Publication date: 1627
- Physical description: Engraved map with hand colouring.
- Dimensions: 396 by 510mm. (15.5 by 20 inches).
- Inventory reference: 11768
John Speed (1552–1629) was the outstanding cartographer of his age. His ‘Theatre of Great Britain’ was the first atlas of the British Isles: Speed prepared the maps himself about two years before they were published. His maps and books dominated the seventeenth century English market. The present map is taken from the 1627 English edition published by George Humble.
- Chubb XXV.
- Chubb, T., Skells, J. and Beharrell, H. (1977). The printed maps in the atlases of Great Britain and Ireland. Folkestone: Dawson.