Southeast Asia at the end of the nineteenth century
By STANFORD, Edward, 1899
Asiatic Archipelago on Mercator’s Projection.
- Author: STANFORD, Edward
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: Edward Stanford, 12, 13, & 14 Long Acre, W.C.
- Publication date: c1899
- Physical description: Chromolithographed map.
- Dimensions: 554 by 749mm. (21.75 by 29.5 inches).
- Inventory reference: 15801
There are inset maps of Singapore and Labuan, with a note to the left of the map of Singapore recording that it was given to the British by the Sultan of Johore in 1819. There is another note next to Indonesia recording the volcanic eruption in Sumbawa in 1815. The map is criss-crossed by lines showing the best routes between various ports.