“some of the main thorofares of London, and the manner of the folk to be found there”
By PERRY, Anne Erica Thackeray “Heather”, as “Herry-Perry”. , 1929
London thou art the flower of cities.
- Author: PERRY, Anne Erica Thackeray “Heather”, as “Herry-Perry”.
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: Great Western Railway
- Publication date: “on the Eve of S. Andrew”, 1929.
- Physical description: Colour printed pictorial map, laid down on linen.
- Dimensions: 970 by 590mm. (38.25 by 23.25 inches).
- Inventory reference: 14962
One of the most prolific female commercial artists of her time, Perry issued over fifty posters for London Underground & London Transport between 1927 and 1938. In addition, she designed house and estate maps for the Royal Academy Exhibitions of 1928 and 1931. Between 1933 and 1935 she created a series of murals for the Second-Class Children’s Playroom of Cunard’s ‘Queen Mary’.
- Furness, volume 5, page 78.