Rare work on the Caucasus
By [OUR HALF SHARE] [ELLIS, George]., 1788
General Map of the Countries comprehended between the Black Sea and the Caspian. [with] Memoir of a Map of the Countries comprehended between the Black Sea and the Caspian; with an account of the Caucasian Nations and Vocabularies of their Languages.
- Author: [OUR HALF SHARE] [ELLIS, George].
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: J. Edwards
- Publication date: 1788.
- Physical description: 4o (306 x 242mm), iv, 80pp. engraved folding map by S.J. Neele, hand-coloured in outline, ex-libris of John Leith Ross of Arnage and Bourtie, contemporary red morocco, spine in six compartments separated by raised double bands signed “Bound by H. Walther” on inner edge of upper board at hinge, booksellers label “Parkers of Oxford” pasted to upper cover, on ed
- Dimensions: (600 by 900mm. (23.5 by 35.5 inches).
- Inventory reference: 2347
- Atabey 394
- Cox I, 235
- Lowndes 731. Not in Blackmer.