Bedfordshire and the situation of Bedford described with the armes of thos Honourable Familyes that have bourne ye titles of Dukes and Earls thereof.
- Author: SPEED, John
- Publication place: [London]
- Publisher: to be sold by Roger Rea the Elder and younger at ye Golden Crosse in Cornhill against ye Exchange
- Publication date: 1665.
- Physical description: Double-page engraved map, fine contemporary outline hand colour, slight loss to gutter.
- Dimensions: 410 by 550mm. (16.25 by 21.75 inches).
- Inventory reference: 1767
“Mr John Speed’s… Geography of the Kingdoms of England, Scotland, and Ireland… together with his Prospect… all in one entire Volume, hath been, for seven Years past, out of Print, the greatest part of an Impression, then newly Printed, being destroyed by the late dreadful Fire, 1666”. This is borne out by the rarity of the Rea edition of the atlas. There is evidence that they planned an edition of 1666, as there are impressions of Sussex, Buckingham and Derby, with Rea’s imprint, which bear that date. Rea would later sell the plates to Bassett and Chiswell, who would publish a new edition in 1676.