Map of the Railways of England & Wales shewing the principal and minor stations.
- Author: WELCH, MARGETSON & CO
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: Printed by Welch & Margetson
- Publication date: c1845
- Physical description: Lithographed map printed on silk, blue border, embroidered initials at upper left.
- Dimensions: 800 by 930mm. (31.5 by 36.5 inches).
- Inventory reference: 14140
Welch, Margetson & Co was a successful clothing manufacturer and wholesaler from 1842 to 1963. Maps printed on silk were popular contemporary accessories, with a similar silk railway map printed by William Reed. Welch and Margetson also produced a silk map of London, an example of which is in the Victoria and Albert Museum.