- Author: KLEMM, Joseph Ferdinand
- Publication place: Leipzig
- Publisher: Otto Wachsmuth, Waldstr 2
- Publication date: 1908
- Physical description: Chromolithographed map, mounted on linen, on wooden rollers, in two sections.
- Dimensions: 615 by 1640mm. (24.25 by 64.5 inches).
- Inventory reference: 12211
Rare panorama of early twentieth century New York.
Although the work is not dated it can be ascertained from the presence of the Singer Building of 1908 and absence of the MetLife Tower of 1909.
The is by the Austrian artist Josef Ferdinand Klemm (1868–1916) a noted painter, lithographer, designer and image restorer. He is primarily known for his finely detailed designs of cultural and historical mural study-decorations for schools that included landscapes, cityscapes, medieval cities, the Acropolis, various architectural renderings, memorial and national monuments, interior scenes, and geographical scenes.