Rare four sheet reduction of Rocque’s map of Greater London
By ROCQUE, Mary Ann, 1763
The Environs of London Reduced from an Actual Survey in 16 Sheets, by the Late John Rocque, topographer to His Majesty with New Improvements to the Year 1763. To the Right Honorable George Montague Earl of Cardigan, Baron Brudenell &c. This Plan of the Environs of London Is humbly dedicated By His Lordship’s most humble & obliged servant, Mary Ann Rocque.
- Author: ROCQUE, Mary Ann
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: Printed for Carington Bowles, No. 69 in St. Paul’s Church Yard, & Robert Sayer, No. 53 in Fleet Street
- Publication date: 1763.
- Physical description: Engraved map, on four sheets, splits to centrefolds skilfully repaired.
- Dimensions: 900 by 1300mm (35.5 by 51.25 inches).
- Inventory reference: 1481
Scale: 2 1/2 inches to 1 statute mile.
- Howgego 124 (1a).
- Howgego, J. (1978). Printed maps of London, circa 1553–1850. Folkestone: Dawson.