Rare broadside on solar eclipses
By GORE, Henry, 1724
Some General Phænomena of a great Solar Eclipse May 11th: 1724. shewing what Latitude and Longitude from London ye Centre of Darkness will pass over, at certain given times at London. and what parts of the Globe answer thereto. Calculated by H. Gore Teacher of the Mathematicks in Manchester. Eman: Bowen Sculp.
- Author: GORE, Henry
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: Emanuel Bowen
- Publication date: 1724
- Physical description: Engraved print in good condition
- Dimensions: 335 by 210mm. (13.25 by 8.25 inches).
- Inventory reference: 11275
Two large diagrams show the appearance of the Eclipse at London at the beginning and end; four smaller diagrams show how it would appear at Quebec, Boston, Jamestown and Bermuda.
- Unrecorded in ESTC
- unrecorded in Armitage, Shadow of the Moon
- Worldcat gives Brown University Library, History of Science Collection, Hay Prints, P11313.