Rare broadsheet map of the southern Highlands
By RUTHERFORD, Andrew, 1745
An Exact Plan of His Majesty’s Great Roads Through the Highlands of Scotland. To the Honourable Charles Leslie This Plan of His Majesty’s Great Roads Through the Highlands of Scotland is Dedicated by Sir Your most Obedt. Humble Servt. And: Rutherford.
- Author: RUTHERFORD, Andrew
- Publication place: [London]
- Publisher: Publish’d according to Act of Parliament
- Publication date: Decr. 9th, 1745.
- Physical description: Large engraved broadsheet map, inset plan of the Battle of Prestonpans, text below.
- Dimensions: 523 by 352mm. (20.5 by 13.75 inches).
- Inventory reference: 1608
We have only been able to trace two other examples of this map: the (damaged) example in the National Library of Scotland, and another, with modern colour, in a private collection in Kent.