A Correct Plan of the Parish of St. James’s Westminster 1770 by William Rhodes.
- Author: RHODES, William
- Publication place: [London]
- Publisher: William Faden, Charing Cross
- Publication date: 1770.
- Physical description: Broadside engraved plan, hand-coloured in outline, a few small tears to margins, skilfully repaired.
- Dimensions: 500 by 400mm (19.75 by 15.75 inches).
- Inventory reference: 11536
The plan stretches west to east from Old Bond Street to Wardour Street, and from north to south from Oxford Street to Pall Mall. It highlights several important buildings including, Spencer House, Burlington House and Gardens, St James’s Church on Piccadilly, the ‘Opera House’ on Haymarket, now the site of ‘Her Majesty’s Theatre’, several chapels, an auction room, and St. James’s School, on Boyle Street, one of the oldest schools in London.