Plan of Nagasaki from Bellin’s ‘Petit Atlas Maritime’
By BELLIN, Jacques Nicolas, 1764
Plan du Port et de la Ville de Nangasaki
- Author: BELLIN, Jacques Nicolas
- Publication place: [Paris
- Publisher: Jacques Nicolas Bellin
- Publication date: 1764].
- Physical description: Engraved plan with original hand colour.
- Dimensions: 230 by 366mm. (9 by 14.5 inches).
- Inventory reference: 15894
Jacques-Nicolas Bellin (1703–1772) joined the “Dépôt des Cartes et Plans de la Marine” in 1721, at the age of 18, one year after it had been established, as the first “Ingénieur hydrographe de la Marine”, a post he held until his death in 1772.