Plan of Nagasaki from Bellin’s ‘Petit Atlas Maritime
By BELLIN, Jacques Nicolas, 1764
Plan du Port et de la Ville de Nangasaki
- Author: BELLIN, Jacques Nicolas
- Publication place: [Paris
- Publisher: Jacques Nicolas Bellin
- Publication date: 1764].
- Physical description: Engraved plan.
- Dimensions: 323 by 465mm. (12.75 by 18.25 inches).
- Inventory reference: 15861
Jacques-Nicolas Bellin (1703–1772) joined the “Dépôt des Cartes et Plans de la Marine” in 1721, at the age of 18, one year after it had been established, as the first “Ingénieur hydrographe de la Marine”, a post he held until his death in 1772.