Panama — Rio Chagres
By LLOYD, J.A., 1829
Chart of the Harbour of Chagres surveyed in the Year 1829.
- Author: LLOYD, J.A.
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: R.B. Bate, 21 Poultry, for the Lords Commissioners of the Admiralty, by their Appointment
- Publication date: 1829.
- Physical description: Engraved chart.
- Dimensions: 230 by 180mm. (9 by 7 inches).
- Inventory reference: 11599
The survey was carried out by Captain J. A. Lloyd, who was appointed Surveyor-General for Mauritius in 1832; and engraved by James Gardner, who had worked under Thomas Colby on the Ordnance Survey, and became sole agent of the OS in 1823. He was a founding member of the Royal Geographic Society.