Otaru Harbour of Shiribeshi
By KAIGUNSHŌ, Suirobu, 1871
後志國小樽港之圖 Shiribeshi no kuni Otaru-kō no zu
- Author: KAIGUNSHŌ, Suirobu
- Publication place: Japan
- Publisher: 大日本海軍水路寮 Dai Nihon Kaigun Suiroryō
- Publication date: 1871.
- Physical description: Blueback chart showing two charts, three holes and several tears to margins.
- Dimensions: 510 by 300mm. (20 by 11.75 inches).
- Inventory reference: 15985
A chart showing two small bays on the island of Hokkaido, facing the Sea of Japan. They were made shortly after the Meiji Restoration. Each chart shows the soundings of the surrounding waters and presents a compass , one with manuscript initials for the cardinal directions. No toponyms appear around the coastlines.