Plan des villes de londres et de westminster et de leurs faubourgs avec le bourg de southwark. avec Priv. du Roy 1700.
- Author: FER, Nicolas de
- Publication place: [Paris
- Publication date: 1700].
- Physical description: Hand-coloured engraved plan.
- Dimensions: 290 by 330mm (11.5 by 13 inches).
- Inventory reference: 1515
“At the opening of the eighteenth century … French maps of London were for the most part small and unimportant, being derived from native originals, but it is interesting to find a London map of 1700 published by a Parisian, Nicolas de Fer, being used as a means of showing his pride in his native city. London he says, is “nearly as big as Paris”. (Howgego, p. 19)
Scale: approx. 3 inches to 1 statute mile.
- Howgego 44 (1).
- Howgego, J. (1978). Printed maps of London, circa 1553–1850. Folkestone: Dawson.