By CANU, Jean Dominique Etienne [after DE FONTENAY, Jean], 1810
Nangasacki appellé par les Chinois Tchangki
- Author: CANU, Jean Dominique Etienne [after DE FONTENAY, Jean]
- Publication place: [Paris
- Publication date: 1810].
- Physical description: Engraved plan.
- Dimensions: 160 by 295mm. (6.25 by 11.5 inches).
- Inventory reference: 15876
Jean de Fontaney was a Jesuit and a mathematician who was in Southeast Asia and China on several occasions. He did not visit Nagasaki but learned enough from Chinese merchants to create this view.
From an 1810 edition of the Jesuit compilation, ‘Lettres edifiantes et curieuses’.