Mitchell’s Reference and Distance Map of the United States Published by S. Augustus Mitchell.
- Author: MITCHELL, S. Augustus
- Publication place: Philadelphia
- Publisher: Foe sale by, S. Augustus Mitchell, No. 81 South Seventh Street
- Publication date: 1845.
- Physical description: Large engraved map, dissected and mounted on linen, with original full-wash colour, edged in green silk.
- Dimensions: 1360 by 1710mm. (53.5 by 67.25 inches).
- Inventory reference: 11907
The present example is the 1845 edition which bears substantial revisions and a new copyright.
- Martin and Martin, Maps of Texas and the Southwest, plate 36.
- Martin, J. and Martin, R. (1999). Maps of Texas and the Southwest, 1513–1900. Austin, Texas: Texas State Historical Association.