A pair of panoramic views of Mecca and Medina
- Author: Anonymous
- Publication place: [Northern India, ?Delhi
- Publication date: c1840].
- Physical description: Two leaves, ink and gouache on paper, some small spots of surface soiling, one scuff to the lower edge of the Medina image and a fold to the upper right-hand edge of the Mecca painting, both with slight losses to paint.
- Dimensions: (each) 340 by 300mm. (13.5 by 11.75 inches).
- Inventory reference: 14767
A few examples of this panoramic view of Mecca have appeared on the market in recent years, however, paintings of Medina in this panoramic style are notably more scarce. Although Mecca and Medina are often depicted alongside one another in prayer books like the Dala-il al-Khayrat, it is unusual to see them painted on this scale as a set of paintings.