Martinique — Fort de France Bay
By MONNIER, M., 1833
Fort Royal Bay, in the Island of Martinique By M. Monnier, Ingenieur Hydrographe de Marine 1825.
- Author: MONNIER, M.
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: Hydrographical Office of the Admiralty
- Publication date: 1st March 1833.
- Physical description: Engraved chart.
- Dimensions: 220 by 305mm. (8.75 by 12 inches).
- Inventory reference: 11645
The survey was carried out by M. Monnier, a surveyor for the French Navy Admiralty.
John and Charles Walker, founding members of the Royal Geographic Society, were leading mapmakers and engravers working in London in the first half of the nineteenth century. They are known to have produced numerous charts for James Horsburgh and the Admiralty.