Norumbega et Virginia
- Author: WYTFLIET, Cornelius Van
- Publication place: [Louvain
- Publisher: Joannes Bogardus
- Publication date: 1597].
- Physical description: Double-page engraved map (231 by 295 mm to the neatline, full margins showing the plate mark).
- Dimensions: 297 by 363mm. (11.75 by 14.25 inches).
- Inventory reference: 14280
Wytfliet’s ‘Descriptionis Ptolemaicae Augmentum’ was, as the title suggests, marketed as a supplement to Ptolemy’s ‘Geographia.’ Its text was based on the writings of Ramusio, Hakluyt, de Bry, Acosta and others. The work was evidently popular as two further Latin editions appeared in 1598 and 1603.
- Burden 103
- Burden, Philip. (2007). The mapping of North America. Rickmansworth: Raleigh Publications.