Manhattan real estate in the first decade of the twentieth century
By American Real Estate Company, 1909
A‑R-E Six’s [Real Estate Map of New York City].
- Author: American Real Estate Company
- Publication place: New York
- Publisher: August R. Ohman & Co.
- Publication date: January, 1909.
- Physical description: Folding chromolithographed map, one or two separations at folds.
- Dimensions: 990 by 407mm. (39 by 16 inches).
- Inventory reference: 12936
“Presented with the Compliments of the American Real Estate Company (founded 1888) The Company’s holdings of New York City Real Estate are indicated in red on map above. Write for particulars concerning A‑R-E Sixs — 6% Gold Bonds based on these holdings. General Offices, Night and Day Bank Building, Fifth Avenue & 44th Street, New York”.
The areas referenced appear in the Bronx near the Simpson Street subway station, Dyckman Street in Washington Heights, and Park Hill in Yonkers.
The verso of the map includes a map of 15 A‑RE-CO developments in the Bronx, and advertises monthly meetings of the ACMY Real Estate Club, and a visit to the company’s developments for the April, 1908 meeting.