Views in Oxford.
- Author: MALTON, Thomas
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: White & Co., and Oxford: H. Smith
- Publication date: June 4th 1810.
- Physical description: Folio. Mezzotint portrait of Thomas Malton, engraved title-page and 60 engraved aquatints and etchings, some in proof state without titles, scattered spotting to a few plates. Inscribed by a relative of the author to ‘Sir Charles Locock Bart. with Captn Malton’s kindest regards, Nov 1860’ in ink to front free endpaper, Early nineteenth-century half green morocco, extremities rubbed, backstrip with gilt ruled raised bands, title direct in second compartment, remainder gilt panelled. Green morocco-grain cloth sides, gilt title to centre of upper board, marbled endpapers and edges.
- Inventory reference: 16466
Sir Charles Locock, 1st Baronet (21 April 1799–23 July 1875) was an obstetrician to Queen Victoria. He is also credited with the introduction of potassium bromide as a treatment for epilepsy.
2. Bookplate of Sir Manson M Beeton
3. Bookplate of Sir Richard Farrant