Lindley’s Map of Surrey
By LINDLEY, Joseph and CROSLEY, William, 1793
Map of Surrey. To the Kings most excellent Majesty, This Map of the County of Surrey, From a Survey made in the years 1789 and 1790 — Is with his Majesty’s gracious permission — Most humbly Dedicated By his dutiful Subjects and Servants — Joseph Lindley and William Crosley.
- Author: LINDLEY, Joseph and CROSLEY, William
- Publication place: London
- Publication date: 1793.
- Physical description: Engraved map, contemporary hand colour, dissected and mounted on linen, housed within marbled paper slipcase, manuscript label pasted on top.
- Dimensions: 850 by 1120mm. (33.5 by 44 inches).
- Inventory reference: 14564
Upon Lindley’s return from his work on the triangulation between London and Paris, he began work on this survey of Surrey with the use of Roy’s then unpublished data. This allows the map a highly accurate scale of distance.