A General Survey of England and Wales An entirely new accurate Survey of Kent with parts of the County of Essex…
- Author: MUDGE, Captain William
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: W. Faden, Charing Cross
- Publication date: 1801.
- Physical description: Engraved map on four sheets joined, mounted on linen.
- Dimensions: 1200 by 1660mm. (47.25 by 65.25 inches).
- Inventory reference: 12744
Colonel William Mudge (1762–1820) began his career as a lieutenant in the Royal Artillery, and was appointed to the Ordnance Survey in 1791, becoming Superintendent in 1798. In the same year, he was elected to the Royal Academy.