John Rocque’s magnificent map of early Georgian London
By ROCQUE, John, 1761
A Plan of the Cities of London and Westminster and Borough of Southwark with the Contiguous Buildings…, to which are added, All the New Buildings and Alterations to the Year 1761.
- Author: ROCQUE, John
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: Printed and Sold by John Tinney in Fleet-Street, Thos. Bowles in St Paul’s Church-Yar, John Bowles and Son in Cornhill, & Robert Sayer in Fleet Street
- Publication date: 1761
- Physical description: Folio (540 by 410mm), two key sheets, and 24 double page engraved double page sheetsmanuscript French sheet number verso of each map, a.e.g., some dampstaining to endpapers, ninetenth century half morocco over brown cloth boards, rubbed.
- Dimensions: 2100 by 4000mm. (82.75 by 157.5 inches).
- Inventory reference: 2413
- Howgego 96 (3)
- Howgego, J. (1978). Printed maps of London, circa 1553–1850. Folkestone: Dawson.