Japanese Admiralty Charts
By Japan Hydrographic Office, 1887
Shokaizu [Various sea charts].
- Author: Japan Hydrographic Office
- Publication place: Tokyo
- Publisher: Japan Hydrographic Office
- Publication date: Meiji 20–30 [1887–1897].
- Physical description: 52 large folding lithograph maps (lacking Kyushu-Shikoku and Manchuria) including large world map, four large folding key charts and explanation of terms and topographical features.
- Inventory reference: 11494
The present set of maps is accompanied by a manuscript title, ‘various sea charts’, which states that it belonged to the Army War College (Rikugun Daigakujo) where it was kept for “educational use”. Sets of these maps are extremely rare.