Jamaica — Svanna la Mar
By LEARD, John, 1815
The Anchorage at Savanna la Mer Jamaica by John Leard R.N. 1791.
- Author: LEARD, John
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: Capt Hurd RN Hydrographer to the Admiralty
- Publication date: 14th Sept 1815.
- Physical description: Engraved map
- Dimensions: 180 by 275mm. (7 by 10.75 inches).
- Inventory reference: 11668
The survey was carried out by John Leard of the Royal Navy.
John Walker, founding member of the Royal Geographic Society, was a leading mapmaker and engraver working in London in the first half of the nineteenth century. He is known to have produced numerous charts for James Horsburgh and the Admiralty.