Imray’s chart of the Chinese coast
By IMRAY, James, 1880
East India Archipelago Western Route to China. Chart No.5.
- Author: IMRAY, James
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: James Imray & Son
- Publication date: 1880.
- Physical description: Engraved chart, backed on blue paper.
- Dimensions: 1245 by 1015mm. (49 by 40 inches).
- Inventory reference: 11960
James Imray (1803–1870), worked originally in the stationery and account book publishing business. In 1836 Imray joined with Michael Blachford. The partnership flourished and soon began to compete with the larger firm of Norie and Wilson. In 1846 Imray bought out Blachford, and the company survived, led by his descendants, into the twentieth century, when it merged with Norie and Wilson.