Imray’s chart of Cuba
By IMRAY, James., 1854
Island of Cuba.
- Author: IMRAY, James.
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: James Imray & Son, 102 Minories
- Publication date: 1854 Additions to 1862.
- Physical description: Engraved chart, eight inset charts of Cuban harbours below, backed on blue paper.
- Dimensions: 653 by 980mm. (25.75 by 38.5 inches).
- Inventory reference: 12225
James Imray (1803–1870), worked originally in the stationery and account book publishing business. In 1836 Imray joined with the chart seller Michael Blachford. The partnership flourished and soon began to compete with the larger firm of Norie and Wilson. In 1846 Imray bought out Blachford, and the company survived, led by his descendants, into the twentieth century, when it merged with Norie and Wilson.