Hodskinson’s rare large-scale map of Suffolk
By HODSKINSON, Joseph, 1787
The County of Suffolk Surveyed By Joseph Hodskinson, of Arundel Street Strand.
- Author: HODSKINSON, Joseph
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: Engraved and Published by William Faden, Geographer to the King, (Surveyor to Mr Jefferys), Charing Cross
- Publication date: August 14th 1783.
- Physical description: Engraved map, on six sheets, fine original full-wash colour, quarter calf over brown buckram boards, brown calf label lettered in gilt to upper board.
- Dimensions: (if joined) 1200 by 1600mm. (47.25 by 63 inches).
- Inventory reference: 11569
Scale: one inch to one statute mile.
- Roger 415
- Rodger, E. (1972). The Large Scale County Maps of the British Isles 1596–1850: A Union List. Second edition. Oxford: Bodleian Library.