By MAY, G.W., 1927
- Author: MAY, G.W.
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: G. W. May
- Publication date: 1927
- Physical description: Lithographed map, with tape measure, folding into original publisher’s grey printed paper wrappers.
- Dimensions: 570 by 605mm (22.5 by 23.75 inches).
- Inventory reference: 11429
This map is of particular interest for the presence of defunct railway lines, including the London and North Eastern Railway, which was nationalised in 1948; West Hampstead Station shows the former extent of the Metropolitan Railway before the advent of the Jubilee Line. It also shows the activity in the area: Hackney College moved to the Finchley Road in 1887, and University College School moved to Frognal in 1907. It also shows what is now part of the Royal Free Hospital in its original form as the North London Fever Hospital before the creation of the NHS in 1948. The publishers, G. W. May Ltd., appear to have produced it in conjunction with the Hackney Chamber of Commerce to support local business.
Rare: Not in BL, two copies at Pennsylvania State and Library of Congress.