Nouveau Plan de Paris en Relief. Par le procédé de Géomontographie Bauerkeller, Breveté. 1842 4eme Edition.
- Author: BAUERKELLER, George
- Publication place: Paris
- Publisher: Baukeller & Cie Brevetés
- Publication date: 1842.
- Physical description: Embossed chromolithograph plan.
- Dimensions: 690 by 550mm (27.25 by 21.75 inches).
- Inventory reference: 2118
Little is known about the Bauerkeller cartographic publishing firm. Headed by Georg Bauerkeller, they were apparently based in Darmstadt, Germany, just south of Frankfurt, but also maintained an office in Paris. They were active for about 30 years from the 1830s through the 1860s, and produced maps, plans, and small atlases. They are best known for the maps they produced using the ‘geomontographie’ — the process employed in the production of the present map.
Rare. The OCLC only records five institutional copies: those in the BNF, the BL, Bern University Library, Zentrbibliothek Zurich, and the Bavarian State Library.