Plan de Versailles en Relief.
- Author: BAUERKELLER, George
- Publication place: Paris
- Publisher: Bauerkeller & Cie. Brevetés
- Publication date: c.1840
- Physical description: Embossed chromolithograph plan.
- Dimensions: 530 by 400mm (20.75 by 15.75 inches).
- Inventory reference: 2115
Little is known about the Bauerkeller cartographic publishing firm. Headed by Georg Bauerkeller, they were apparently based in Darmstadt, Germany, just south of Frankfurt, but also maintained an office in Paris. They were active for about 30 years from the 1830s through the 1860s, and produced maps, plans, and small atlases. They are best known for the maps they produced using the ‘geomontographie’ — the process employed in the production of the present map.
Rare. The OCLC records two institutional copies: in the BNF and the Bavarian State Library.