The County of Lanark from Actual Survey by Will[ia]m Forrest. To the Right Honourable John, Earl of Hopetown, Viscount Atherley, Lord Hope, … and Lord Lieutenant of the County of Linlithgow etc. This map is Most Respectfully Inscribed by His Lordship’s Most Obedient and Humble Servant, William Forrest.
- Author: FORREST, Will[ia]m
- Publication place: Edinburgh
- Publisher: W. Forrest
- Publication date: 1818.
- Physical description: Large engraved map, fine original full-wash colour, dissected and mounted on linen, in two sections, housed in original green morocco slipcase, spine in compartments and lettered in gilt.
- Dimensions: 1780 by 1280mm (70 by 50.5 inches).
- Inventory reference: 10787
A superb map of the area now know as West Lothian and embracing the old parishes of Torphichen, Bathgate, Whitburn, Bo’ness, Kirkliston, Linlithgow, Uphall, Abercon, Dalmeny and Cramond, etc. Much detail is shown including kirks, burns and lochs, Roman and Danish camps, and the Antonine Wall.