Fine Bird’s-Eye View of Eighteenth Century Rome
By ROSSI, Matteo Gregorio de, and Livino CRUYL, 1696
Pianta di Roma Come si Trova al presente colle alzate delle fabriche piu nobili cosi antiche come moderne
- Author: ROSSI, Matteo Gregorio de, and Livino CRUYL
- Publication place: Rome
- Publisher: Piazza Novona
- Publication date: 1696.
- Physical description: Engraved plan on two sheets joined, dedicatory arms and introduction signed by Rossi, upper right nine inset views of churches and palaces, detailed index set along lower margin, slight loss to centre folds skilfully repaired.
- Dimensions: 500 by 840mm (19.75 by 33 inches).
- Inventory reference: 10732
A fine, clear, and detailed plan of Rome. Livino Cruyl, born in Ghent, was an architect and engraver active in Rome in the second half of the seventeenth century. De Rossi, a Milanese with a publishing and printselling business in the Piazza Navona in Rome, flourished between 1640 and 1672.
- Frutaz CLIV
- Arrigoni and Barterelli 142
- Huelsen 87
- watermarks, fleur-des-lys in circle surmounted by a crown, and an anchor in a circle surmounted by a star.